Sunday 4 September 2011

Chase your Dream

"What did she say this time?"
"How did you-"
"It's always your mother, and I always
know. Now tell me."
"…"
"I'm not going to ask you again. Just tell
me."
"She…said that I can't draw. I can't sing.
I can't act. I can't do anything and I
never shall- You're laughing."
"I'm sorry. Certain phrases make me
want to laugh. 'I can't' is one of them."
"I'm glad you find my grief so amusing."
"Look, you need to understand
something. The word 'can't' is going to follow you around for the rest of your
life. History is filled with people who were
told they 'can't' do something. You
know what makes them special?" "What?"
"They did it anyway."
"Pure and simple huh? Just like that?" "The truth is never pure and always
complicated. But yes. Just like that." "There is always someone telling me I'm not good enough."
"And there will always be someone telling you that you aren't good enough. You
have two choices. You can curl up and
stop doing everything you love. You can
let the world tear you down. Fall apart
into a million pieces."
"Or?"
"Or you can stand up and fight. Fight
against everyone who says you cannot
do something. Teach them a lesson!" "I don't see how that will help." "Because you need to go after what you love with a vengeance. Love it, worship
it, want it like a wanton lover who is
completely insatiable, but please, for the
love of all that is holy, don't ever, ever
give up on it."
"Oh come on...how many people do you know who have had their dreams come true?"
"Yes, dreams don't come true easily. You have to go after them with a hammer and a first aid kit for the broken hearts you will suffer on the way. But it will all be worth
it when they all come true."
"And what happens if I do find my
dream?"
"That's the best bit."
"Why?"
"Because that's when I'll take your
hand... and we'll build you a whole new dream to chase."

No comments:

Post a Comment